
I have slept like a baby all through the night..
And this morning somthing is difrent. The light from my smal windows, the muffled sound from the main road, sort of a newfound silence in my room.
Ola is awake and urging me to go up and let him out. So I just slip on a big,long sweather over my bedwarm, naked body, and takes him upstairs.
Up in the kitchen the miracel unfolds through the windows...It's snowing !!!
The world has turned white and wonderful over night!
I open the kitchen-terasse door and let the icy air in...and Ola out.
Then i run downstairs...
I pull on my sweatpants,socks, boots, armyjacket and mittens..
then I run upstairs to join Ola outside...he is delighted by the snow!
Rolling around in it, so I do the same thing!
I dive in...and get snow in my mouth and nose...lol
It feels wonderfull and refreshing just likke the first dip in the sea in spring...
So Ola and I lay on our backs...in the soft cottonish snow...
making angels...
His doesn't look like one...but then again...
I don't know..Labradorangels might look difrent.
Then for a moment...
the last few seconds before the cold creepes through my clothes..
I lay still on my back...and I look up against the sky...
the sensation of flying up into it is just as strong as I remember it
from my childhood.
I feel wightless..floating up into the white, silent universe...
and I think that this must be how eternety feels like...
Still, soft....
Everlasting....
There is nothing in the world as silent as snow...

2 comments:
Hah a labradorangel..thats so cute!
The first time I ever saw snow was last xmas when I was living in Boston.It started to come down so softly and I too was amazed at how quiet the whole place became.I mentioned it to lots of ppl and even tho they had seen snow all of their lives,they had never noticed the silence!!..it was the best xmas I ever had.I felt like I was living in a xmas card..
hey, we must be kindred spirits! :D
Post a Comment