
This morning we woke up to a major turningpoint for the world...
A black man is going to be the next president of the untited states!
Now, who would have imagined that only a few years back?
I admit..I am a softy. And I teared up over the speach he delivered to the American people.
He is not only an amazing speaker...but he even manages in an sencere way to include even the loosing part..This man has a carisma we have to go way back in history to equal..back to Martin Luther King..
All of his campaign as far as I know has been sentred about changes..
And I think America is ready for just that...
The senter of the world laying with a broken back...so to speak..
But I do belive that Obama may be the man to turn that...he has given hope not only to a nation...but to the whole world! Not so much by his poletics...but by the fackt that he is black.
I see US as a multietnic nasjon...the biggest in the world..and he is not only the afro/americans president...he is the president of the latinos...the asians...even the norwegian emigrants !!
All the diffrent people that caries the working load of the nation..
Oh he is educated...and he is certainly rich...but he married a girl from the South side chicago...the poor part of town. And she might have an even more symbolic value than him..
the first black wife in the white house..clever...educated...the prove that it might be true...U can get as far you want in America...
I realy hope they know what powers they posess now...what an opertunety they have to make a diffrece in the lives of the ordenary people...
They will be worshiped and loved..
But they will feel the hate too...and that makes me afraid...
afraid that it is going to end like it did for Martin Luther King...
Very afraid..
But..... I prefer to belive that this is a victory to mankind!! For brotherhood...for togethernes...for every thing good inside our hearts...
Let's belive in the changes yet to come...It's gonna be a fight...cause changes are never easy to make...but it's gonna be worth it!! We need so much to belive in the future right now..
So good luck...Mr. President!
And as the "angels" would say..."Keep the rubber side down" !

5 comments:
Hey Sweet Boy - thanks for such beautiful words. This is an amazing time for the U.S, for particularly for we people of color. My mother who is only 67 never expected to see this in her lifetime.
There is no guarantee that President-Elect Obama can do all he promises, but the fact that he has made it to the White House is enormous for our country.
My own celebration last night was one of almost constant tears - to see him on stage with his beautiful wife and daughters is almost overwhelming.
Hope you guys are feeling good over there. I took the day off to celebrate :)
Hugz,
Firethorne
Great post Ravn..I also have great hope for America.
Its a new world that we can look forward to..without rascism.
Hope you guys are feeling better.xx
It moved me to tears too...specially Jessie Jackson ...
I think I can understand how marvelous it must feel to finaly have a black man (can i say black?) as the leader of US!
i love that u took the day of...u deserve to celebrate:)
We are better today...hope for a good week :)
hugs and kisses to both fire and butter....oh and to fires mom too :)
Firethorne:
You wrote so beautifull in youre blog...but I cant place a coment in there:(
Please! Would u allow me to copy what u wrote in my norwegian blog?
I would realy like to share it!
love ravn
Of course - I'd love for you to share it! I'll check and see why you couldn't comment - that's weird.
FT
Post a Comment