Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A brand new year!




Happy new year to all of you out there who still take time to read about our miserable life!

*****************************************

I am back home from my first draining in 2011. Hellish as usual.

*****************************************

But....we had the most wonderful Christmas!!
We where back from grannys house on the farm the day after New year...
So we spent over a week with the family. A little crowded at first. But then Iver went with his BF's family up to mountain to ski...and Sander and me got a room to ourselves...

Christmas eve...witch is the big day in Norway...we where all in the big Farmhouse with Ma and Stephan and the kids living there for the moment..Eating good food, playing games and having a good time. Then Nissen (santa sort of) came with gifts for all... pulling a sled through the snow with a lamp lighting up the cold winter night.

*****************************************

Sander and me did not take the presents we got for each other over to the house.. but opened them late that night when we were back at grannys house by over selves.

So now I can reveal what I got for sander. I bought him a gold ID bracelet...on the plate it says "currage" on one side...and the inside says "eternal love"..
And he loved it! He has not taken it of since he got it:)

And I got the most beautiful present too...a Litho made of a Norwegian artist that I love called Kåre Tveter...it is so beautifull and special and I think the most wonderful gift I have ever gotten....exept for this house of course!

Today it is "Thirteenday-eve" in Scandinavia...the day before the 13th day of Christmas and the day it ends for most folks. So Friday we take away all the Chritmas decorations...wich is not quite as festive as putting them up....sigh...

So we will eat the last of the Chrismasfood, drink the last of the Julmust( Sweedish drink)...and have a good time for two more days.

2 comments:

Firethorne said...

Happy New Year, Ravn! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Is the picture of your family? I think most of us lowlanders think that Santa Claus and his Elves live just next door to you guys up there!

You boys certainly deserved a beautiful holiday - I know 2010 was a rough year.

Christmas was quiet here. I had quite a bit of singing to do on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but I was off from my regular job the entire week between the holidays. Of course, we both caught colds so the time was spent mostly laying around or going out to movies (we saw the new Harry Potter and Tron in 3D). We did rouse ourselves to have dinner out with friends a couple of nights, but it was mostly bedtime with coughing :(

I wish you and Sander the very best for 2011. Although we have never met, you both hold a surprisingly large place in my heart and I think of you quite often. I know that the Universe will care for you in this new year and provide you both with "Courage" and "Eternal Love" for each other and your dear family.

Love,
Firethorne

Ravn... said...

You sweet man!!! :)

No, it is not my family lol

Just an illustration pick to show you a Norwegian Santa(Nisse)

xxxooo

love ravn