Thursday, June 24, 2010

St. Hans....midsummereve...

I am slowly coming back to life after this weeks draining.

And this time we both went in to do it. They wanted to try it to Sander as well
I guess they have run out of ideas on how to ease his chronic pain. So some bright head came up with the idea of draining. Not a good idea!!!
As he is much more sensitive than me...the result was hellish pain and hospital.
I knew that would happen...funny they did not.

I have spoken to him on the phone this morning and he is still so drugged out he can hardly speak, my poor love. I don't know how long they are going to keep him in there. I miss him:(

Yesterday was St. Hans (midsummereve) here...with bonfires by the lake and fjord..and partys everywhere. I have been in no shape to attend, but wached tv from the livingroom sofa. And ate a tiny bit of Rømmegrøt and spekemat...the tradisjonell midsummer food that Trine brought over for me. Rømmegrøt is a kind of porridge cooked with fat sour creem and served with sugar,melted fat and cinnemon. And with that we eat dried salted meat from either pig or sheep or both. :)
A good hearty meal...haha


Love Ravn.

2 comments:

Firethorne said...

I'm trying to figure out what the American equivalents of St. Hans Day would be. So far, I can't come up with anything :)

I suspect between you and Sander, you've become a major medical mystery for your doctors. I can see where they might think what works for one works for the other. Poor Sander! Still, even with the drainings, I'm just glad you're awake and at home!

Happy Midsummer's Eve! (Oh yeah...who's Saint Hans?)

Love,
Firethorne

Ravn... said...

Thank u Fire! St. hans is John the baptist. We call him johannes and hans is short for that.

But it is realy midsummer and the sun turning we celebrate

love Ravn